Life of Scott

Imagination unleashed.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Engagery!

Well that settles it. I am officially engaged to be married to the lovely and funny Amanda. As should have been expected, the proposal was neither well-planned nor well-executed.

She was supposed to go to class after work yesterday, so I started driving to her parents' place to ask them for their daughter's hand in marriage. But I got a call from her while on the road, saying that she is skipping class and going home. I am a terrible liar, so I had to admit to being with her folks when she called looking for me (since she was at home and I was inexplicably not).

I sped home after asking the parents and barged into the apartment, but she was on the phone. I hollered, "Get off the phone! Hurry! I have something important to say! WILL YOU BE MY WIFE I WANT TO MARRY YOU AND BE WITH YOU FOREVER!" I even had a ring.

I thought about planning something cute and overly sentimental, but then I got too excited to wait. I figured I could either wait for the next snow, build a snowman with a ring on his stick-hand and write some goofy poem and arrange for rose petals to fall out of the sky. Or I could just barge into the apartment, interrupt her conversation, and holler a proposal at her. When I compared the two options, it was an easy choice.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Amanda (Fiance) said...

I love you so much Scott Larned!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Matt Timmers said...

Congratulations Scott and Lovely Funny!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such news... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott..I don't know you yet, but I can't wait to see how funny you are compared to Ralph..it sounds like it may be a close match!!;P It also sounds like (from your blogs) that your pennis is larger than mine (the one I don't have) BUT let's compare leg hair:)
Cheers to you both...CONGRATS!!
*Hairy Cummings;P~~~

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home