Life of Scott

Imagination unleashed.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spider-Man 3 Comes to Cleveland

As most Clevelanders already know, Spider-Man 3 will be filming in the streets of Downtown Cleveland from April 17-29. Not coincidentally, I will be taking those days off work. I am filming my first movie, Spider-Man 3. I play the part of Agitated Pedestrian #6, a man who is intolerant of Spidey's web-swinging ways. It is a fairly complex role, considering there are no spoken lines. AP#6 is tormented by his past, having left his family and horse farm in upstate New York to pursue a business interest that is not panning out as well as he had hoped. Along comes this hot-shot photographer-turned-superhero acting like he owns the place that AP#6 had to sacrifice so much to be a part of. All this must be portrayed in under one second of screen time, which goes to show you the level of my acting ability. You can't use CGI to get that kind of raw, oft-overlooked emotion. As my friend Matt once said, "I am the bomb. At acting."

The non-actor types around here must worry about the street closings. Euclid Avenue will be close from E. 18th to Public Square for the duration, which encompasses my apartment building (the beloved Statler Arms). Were I not part of the cast, I would be forced to stockpile water and supplies for the nearly two weeks of isolation. The building would become lawless and the fat tenants would become food, just like Lord of the Flies. I would be Ralph because Jack thought it was awesome to hit a high-C note while Ralph was busy building a stereo so they could have some tunes at their sausage-fest parties besides Jack's homo girl-singing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home