Life of Scott

Imagination unleashed.

Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Eve 2006

Another year, another drink, what's the difference anymore? This will be my first "regular" blog entry in that it will be like a personal journal instead of random crap.

The New Years party at Shooters had its ups and downs. Among the many ups were its all-star celebrity turnout: Tony Danza, Jody Sweetin, and Bob Uecker, just to name a few. The can't-miss combo of open bar and dinner buffet were offset by the complete lack of cab service after the party, the not-so-clever trick of giving us crappy liquor when we ordered good stuff, and the understaffed bar.

The best parts I can still remember are here. Please leave comments if I forget anything.
  • Evan stealing the enormous bottle of champagne and getting away with it
  • Evan getting the bottle taken away from him when he went back inside
  • "Finding" a miniature bottle of champagne everywhere -- behind ears, up asses, you name it!
  • "Drinking" every bottle I found before midnight
  • The prime rib
  • Cassie and my cousins spending 20 minutes trying to figure out how to use the elevator (which is the same as every elevator you have ever used, I promise)
  • Trying so very hard to drink 400 beers after we got home -- we made it as far as two
  • Peeing in the river from the deck, just like I said I would when I was sober enough to think I was joking
  • Mandy and Molly spending the first two hours deciding what to drink while waiting to start drinking in order to keep from getting too drunk
  • That weirdo, Rufo, humping Grant's butt
  • Grant's butt
  • Everyone's butt
  • Some dude starting to tell Mandy that she is so wonderful until I told him she was my girlfriend. Then he told me I am the luckiest guy in the world and he wishes us the best. I bet he went back to his fat old wife after that.
  • Breakfast
  • Joe in the trunk
  • "Yes, Crown Royal is included in the open bar."
Some of the worst parts are here.
  • "I'm sorry. We are out of Crown Royal. What else would you like?"
  • Waiting, calling, and compaining about the lack of cabs
  • Running a shuttle service instead of playing with the meter and pissing off a cabbie
  • "Hey! Can I get a drink?! Please! I'm over here! No... right here! Me next!"
  • That awful club-mix medley of Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, and Guns 'n Roses
  • Cassie's boobs being everywhere
  • Complete lack of karaoke
  • New Year's headaches
  • Another several pounds on my waist
All in all, a fine time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home